Friday 4 November 2011

Day 25 - Mae Sai to Chiang Rai

I decided to 'postpone' my Burma trip till a few days later as I can't contact the guide. Shall proceed to Chiang Rai first as it is only 60km away.

10am I went down and had the best breakfast of my trip so far.

Left Mae Sai at 1pm and started the 65km ride to Chiang Rai. An hour later, I was in Chiang Rai. Rode around town to recce for a suitable place to stay.

The hotel that I stayed in previously 'diamond inn plaza' had increased it's price from 600B to 750B, I decided to give it a pass.

After about 1 hour, I finally found the perfect hotel for bikers like me. It's 'orchid guesthouse'. Perfect because it's cheap, clean, has wifi and I can park right outside my room. Cost: 450B

Went for a quick engine oil change. I last changed it in Udon Thani about 2 weeks ago. Had this fantastic curry chicken noodles for just 25B. Gonna go back for more soon.

Today I wandered around town quite aimlessly. I think I'm feeling lonely already. Bitten by the emo bug?! It a good thing that a buddy of mine will be joining me in Chiang Mai in a few days time.

7pm I went to the Chiang Rai night bazaar. Half the stores were not opened yet so I decided to take my dinner set. Ordered a beef hot pot set and my usual pineapple shake. Not filling but fun anyways. Cost: 90B.

A ice cream will never fail to brighten my day. Swensens' Banana nutty basket for 99B. Duno why I'm feeling so low today.

Enjoyed some beer while watching Newcastle beat Everton 2-1.

Tomorrow shall go take a ride that I always wanted to do. The 'Fang / Mae Salong loop'. Estimated to be about 150km and 5 hours? Shall leave my gear in Chiang Rai and do the loop
without the load as it's gonna be very mountainous.

Expenses:

Hotel - 450B
Petrol - 150B
F&B - 147B
Maintainance - 160B
Entertainment - 100B

No comments:

Post a Comment