Saturday 12 November 2011

Day 33 - Phisanulok to Phetchabun

Left the hotel at 12.15pm and proceeded eastwards on highway 12. This route is rather hilly but fun to ride.

After about 100km, I stopped at the rest area called 'Khao Kho Route 12' which is a cluster of snacks and souvenir shops which has become a destination for visitors.

The place is very scenic and is a very ideal rest area and photo area.

Reached Phetchabun town at 4pm and had chicken rice for lunch. Cost: 30B

Had a hard time looking for accommodation today coz the hotels and guesthouse within town suck and I was really considering carrying on to the next big town. (Chaiyaphum 200km 4 hours ride) But I only had 2 hours of daylight left so I dropped the idea.

Really regretted not turning in to Khao Kho town instead (40km before) as the place is so nice. Finally I found an acceptable hotel just outside town on highway 21. Burapa hotel for 350B a night.

After settling down the hotel, I went back to town to have a look around. Nothing really interesting. I went to the local market at Kosit place to have a walk and buy some snacks. I like going to markets to interact with the locals.

Went to 'ban-chom-jun restaurant' which is situated near the bus terminal to have my dinner. Very tasty prawn tempura and temaki set. Cost: 260B Free wifi here.

Finish off the night with beer at 'Valentine bar' with a nice liveband.

Overall, I feel the food and night scene here is excellent but the accommodation has much room for improvement. Will probably be my first and last time here.

Expenses:

Hotel - 350B
Petrol - 200B
F&B - 310B
Entertainment - 100B

1 comment: