Tuesday 8 November 2011

Day 28 - Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Totally didn't sleep well last night. Woke up late at 11am with a bad headache. Remember that there was a dream about riding in Taiwan. Maybe I shall do that once the opportunity comes.

Left Chiang Rai at 12.45pm and headed southwards on highway 1 and later to highway 118 towards Chiang Mai.

Just after the town on Wang Pa Pao, I stopped at a nice little restaurant to have noodles for lunch. Good rest stop for me as the blazing sun didn't do my headache any good. Cost: 45B

Reached Chiang Mai at 4.15pm and went to Riders' corner to have a beer and jacket potato. Cost: 210B

Checked in to Rider's inn. Nice comfortable room. 400B. Hope to meet some riders tonight.

At 7pm I set off to walk 1 round the city moat which I think will take me about 2 hours to complete. Just 10 minutes into my walk, I succumbed to hunger and stopped to have dinner at the road side stores. All the food look damn tempting to me. Ordered noodles and stir fried pork.

My friend will be joining me in Chiang Mai later tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing him later.

It's a damn long walk around the moat. I took about 2.5 hours and managed to take photos of the many lanterns that were on display. As I was nearing the end of my walk, I saw that there was a street procession and there was a huge crowd already.

Some people were already lighting their sky lanterns. I'm waiting for the spectacular that is on the 10th.


Expenses:

Hotel - 400B
Petrol - 200B
F&B - 575B




No comments:

Post a Comment