Sunday 23 October 2011

Day 13 - Khon Kaen to Udon Thani

Woke up at 10.30am and lazed in bed. Dun really feel like doing anything now. Weather outside looks hot and sunny.

The ride on highway 2 towards Udon Thani is boring and uneventful. Weather is damn hot today.

7km outside Udon Thani, the inevitable happened.. The rear of the bike started to sway and I knew I got a puncture.. Damn it! The nail that got me was at least 3 inches long.

Had to ride into town slowly at 30km/h to get a motorbike shop to get the inner tube changed for me. Lucky I brought spare inner tubes with me as the existing one was totally busted. I also got the engine oil changed. 1 hour and 185B later, the bike was up and running again. Feels much smoother with fresh engine oil.

Rode into town to look for a hotel. My friend recommended me to Choren hotel coz it has the famous yellow bird disco down below. I enquired at the reception and it was 900B per night. Very costly. But it is full so I had to look around for other options.

Many of the hotels I see were not to my liking at all. Finally saw the colorful Silver reef hotel behind the bus station. Very nice, clean and colorful hotel with free wifi. I booked the Mickey mouse room for 2 nites at 500B per night.

Friends came to fetch me for dinner in a toyota wish^^ Went to a nice restaurant 'Chom Chom bar' on the outskirts of town for dinner. It's good to have friends to bring you around. Dinner was great but it cost me a cool 1400B!!! No complaints thought. At least my friends took the effort to bring me out.

They brought me to Yellow bird disco at 11pm. Frankly I think that this place is boring. The place looks at least 10+ years old and the atmosphere was not engaging..zzzz... The night got better as it got along. My friends sent me back at 2am.. Very tired..

Expenses:
Hotel - 500B
Petrol - 200B
F&B - 1465B
Bike maintainence - 185B

No comments:

Post a Comment