Wednesday 19 October 2011

Day 8 - Ranong to Prachuap Khiri Khan

Woke up at 7am but too lazy so lazed in bed till 8am before getting up. Left the hotel at 9am and got onto highway 4 to begin my ride.

Route 4 from Ranong to Chumpon was fantastic. Highly recommended for the cornering fanatic. As my bike had lite and limited power, I could only cruise around the corners rather than tearing through the bends.

Oh well what to do?! It's a give and take kinda of thing.. low power = low fuel consumption = save $ = more beer?!

Found the Isthmus of Kra, the supposedly narrowest point of the malay penisular. Nothing special IMHO, just took some pictures and off I went.

Stopped along one of the little markets about 20km before Chumpon to grab a guava for 10B before heading towards Chumpon for a rest stop and fuel top up.

Lunch was a simple bowl of pork noodles soup for 30B at a rest area along highway 4 near to Bang Saphan.
Glad the weather is holding up as the sky had been overcast and I had a few drops of rain earlier. 78 more km to Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Arrive in Prachuap at 3pm and was amazed by the beauty of this place. Wow! What a gem! Some many historical sites, beautiful temples and oh that amazing coast line. Need I say more?! WOW!!! Why didn't I find this place earlier???

Checked in 'Lily's guesthouse' a very new and clean guesthouse by the beachfront for 400B for a double aircon room. Aircon is cold and there is wifi!!

After doing my laundry, I went out for a ride along Prachuap bay followed by a ride around the town. This place is simply so beautiful. Looks more like the coastline of Spain or Portugal. Just look at the pictures I took!! I even managed a short off road ride.

During the ride, I witness a local fishing fanatic land a 15kg stingray. Looks good for the BBQ with chilli sambal^^

There is the temple on top of the hill and countless monkeys at the bottom of the hill. Really wonder if this is where the Monkey god resides.

I was so hungry and had dinner at the local night market even before it fully opened. Dinner was pork trotters rice and pineapples followed by BBQ pork skewers. All for just 70B.

Went for a good massage for 300B as my body was aching.Tonight no beer at all! Bought dough stick + kaya for supper cum tomorrow's breakfast. Only 20B. It's damn good..

The guesthouse owner asked me to park my bike inside the house. Damn secure. In the damn house.

Expenses:

Hotel - 400B
Petrol - 200B
F&B - 164B
Massage - 300B

No comments:

Post a Comment