Thursday 13 October 2011

Day 2 - Ipoh to Hatyai

Didn't sleep well last night.. Woke up at 7am and left Ipoh at 8am. Along the way stopped at Gurun for lunch at KFC.

Another good day for riding as I did not have to put on my raincoat. The weather was a little hot for my liking thou.

Reached the Thai border at 1pm. Immigration/Customs clearance was swift as there not many people going into Thailand on a weekday afternoon.

My butt was rather sore from 2 days in the bike's saddle. Dark clouds gathered overhead as I pulled into Hatyai.

Check into 'Be my guest' hotel for 520B and await Stanley's arrival at about 6pm. (according to him last night) Meantime, I'll do my laundry and catch some rest.

Casual inspection on the bike shows that the engine is still running strongly and no funny noises. Not bad for a 125cc.

Stanley finally arrived at 7.30pm and we went for BBQ steamboat dinner with 2 more friends. During dinner, a mahood brought his baby elephant along and I bought some sugarcane to feed it. Didn't really eat much as the smoke was blowing in my direction the whole time.

After dinner went to Sugarbeat for a night out at the disco. The crowd was just right, the music and liveband was awesome! Soon the bottle of whisky was gone and we ordered another and partied till the place closed at 3am.

When for supper before returning to the hotel to drop into bed.

Had a really good night out. Really reliving the time when we loved to go Hatyai so much ^^

Expenses:
Hotel: 260B
Petrol: RM 28
F&B: RM 16 + 750B
Entertainment: 700B
Telco: 100B
Misc: 60B

1 comment:

  1. Hi bro.... All the best on your travel... Hope u have a pleasent experiance..... Gosh! Love to leave everything and be a traveller.....

    Cheers.....

    ReplyDelete