Friday 28 October 2011

Day 18 - Relax @ Vang Vieng

This morning woke up and lazed in bed. While I was at the balcony sunning my laundry, my Korean neighbour offered me an fried egg baguette.. free breakfast!! Good start to the day.

Gonna explore the nearby caves today.

Visited tham jang cave which is about 2km offroad ride from town. Had to pay a total of 20,000kips (US$2.50) in admission charges. Had to climb a long flight of stairs to get to the cave. The air inside the cave it was really cool. But I think it's kinda boring anyways.

After the cave trip, I went to chill out at a restaurant 'Cook Savang' with a watermelon and pineapple shake while watching 'the family guy' cartoon. Peter Griffin sure is lame. All of which cost me 31,000kips (US$4)

Slacked for a good 2 hours and had a burger for lunch. Gotta try tubing later today. Seems like great fun!

2pm I went back to keep my bike and changed into my shorts, kept all my vital belongings into a lock n lock box and kept it in my waterproof bag.

Walked down to the tubing outlet located about 400m from my hotel.

Cost for tubing is a total of 115,000kips. This is inclusive of the rent for the huge tyre tube, tuk tuk ride 4km upstream from the river and deposit for the tube(refundable)

When we arrived at the river, the place was already overflowing with farangs. upon arrival I was given some armband for identification and a free shot of Lao whisky. All of them were lazing around drinking and playing games.

Kinda got bored with this and I decided to start my tubing. Floated down the river with my tube for a good 3 hours visiting the other riverside bars.

At about 5pm, I returned the tube and got back my deposit of 60,000kips. Effective tubing cost is 55,000kips (USD$7) Good fun and pleasant experience. Initially I didn't want to do this but I can't miss it since I'm already in Vang Vieng.

Bought a tubing tee and a beer lao tee for 30,000kips each (total US$7.50) even though I told myself that there was to be no shopping. But I cant resist it la.

Went back for a bath and went to 'Cook Savang' for dinner. Had a pork ribs set, dragon fruit shake and pineapple shake. Dinner cost me 35,000kips (US$4.50) Food here is damn good.

Now watching everton vs manure live on tv with everton down 0-1. Damn it's raining very heavily right now. Lucky thing I'm lying down at the restaurat watching soccer.

After watching Arsenal beat Chelsea 5-3 I went back to the room to hide. However, there was a problem with the TV reception so I slept early.

Expenses:

Hotel - US$12.50
F&B - US$8.50
Misc - US$2.50
Entertainment - US$7
Shopping - US$7.50

No comments:

Post a Comment