Tuesday 25 October 2011

Day 15 - Udon Thani to Nong Khai

Woke up damn early at about 6am. Lazed in the bed and watch TV till about 10am before going out to get some toiletries. Slowly packed up and left the hotel at 12pm. Damn slack.

Rode out to highway 2 and headed towards Nong Khai which is about 55km away. As I was approaching town, I saw the sign for the friendship bridge and decide to go take a look.

Really kinda tempted to skip Nong Khai and go straight into Laos. But what the heck?! Since I'm here better check the town out just in case I regret. Rode around town for a good 30 minutes before finding a hotel at about 2pm.

Check into Sawadee guesthouse for 400B. Quite a basic guesthouse but it's clean and there's wifi. The local market is just nearby. Gonna check out the town later today.

Gave Dexter a call. He's at his girlfriend's house and will most probably meet me in town for dinner tonight.

3pm I went to the Thavadej market which is be the riverside. It's surprisingly cool and clean inside. nothing much to my liking. Perhaps just 1 t-shirt later. The Laos influenced food sure doesn't smell good to me. Guess I'm in for a good time in Laos from tomorrow.

Tried a grilled rice stick that was shaped like a banana. Not bad and quite tasty. Had my favorite pork trotters rice for lunch. After that went to the nearby temple to offer my prayers.

5pm I went out to find the famous Sala Kaew Ku which is about 6km out of town on highway 212. Entry to the park costs 20B. In the 'Buddha park' there were amazing sculptures of the buddhist idols, some of which were enormous!! Very fascinating.. There another on of this near Vientiane, all done by the same guy.

Went out at 7pm to look for dinner and had a nice mussels omelette for 40B. After that went to Tesco supermarket to get some provisions for my trip to Laos. Bought bread, peanut butter and tuna.

Ride around town but feel it's very boring so I went back to my hotel to
rest.

Expenses:

Hotel - 400B
Petrol - 400B
F&B - 445B
Misc - 20B

No comments:

Post a Comment