Friday 14 October 2011

Day 4 - Hatyai to Krabi

Woke up at about 10am, packed up and had breakfast with Stanley before wishing him a safe journey home to Singapore.

I went back to the hotel to have a short rest before moving off to Trang at 12pm. It's only a short 150km ride today and I'm gonna take it slow and steady.

3pm reached Trang and found it boring and not to my liking. After a quick 15 minute discussion with myself, I decided to press on to Krabi which is about 130km away.

Had to forgo Ko Lanta in the process too... but I guess it'll be lame too :)

Stopped to rest the bike at a pariah minimart where I found wifi to update this. 90 more kms to Krabi..

Reach Ao Nang just in time to capture the beautiful sunset at about 6pm. Tried riding around to look for a hotel that will suit my budget but I ended up clueless. Kinda lazy to continue so I simply stopped at a 'travel agency' to ask them if they got a cheap room for me.

To my pleasant surprise, they actually operate a guest house as well. They got me a huge and beautiful room for 500B and it's right in the shopping area of Ao Nang beach. There no parking for my bike but I get to park right in front of the travel agency which is opened 24hrs. Another down side is that i need to climb 2 flight of stairs to get to my room. But hey, I'm not complaining and will be staying for 2 nights and will check out the other attractions tomorrow.

Dinner tonight will be a huge chicken pollo pizza for 150B. So bloody bloated after stuffing all the pizza into my face. Guess I need to wash it down with beer..

10.30pm went to a Sabrina pub to chill out. Beer is surprisingly very cheap here at 50B a bottle. Can have a few more tonight. wahaha!!

Anyways got news that Stanley is safely back to Singapore.

Expenses:
Hotel - 500B
Petrol - 200B
F&B - 300B
Pharmacy - 80B
Entertainment - 1000B

No comments:

Post a Comment