Monday 17 October 2011

Day 6 - Krabi to Ranong

Woke up at 9am and left Krabi at 10am. Along the way from Krabi to Phang nga, the scenery was magnificent with countless limestone cliffs.

Had a great larb pork meehoon, pepsi and water for 55B. Also topped up petrol and increased tyre pressure as the front tyre was wearing awkwardly.

The weather has been freaking hot all day. But I do see some rain clouds overhead. Route 4090 and 419 that I took was awesome with nicely paved roads, few cars and wide sweeping corners.

Next rest stop was at Kuraburi.. I'm feeling the effect of the blazing heat already..

Just outside Ranong, I saw a damn huge waterfall of at least 300m. Dismount bike to take a picture but too lazy to trek in. Also found the famous grass hill (Botak mountains) but it's nothing special IMHO..

Entered Ranong at about 5pm and started looking for accomodation. Enquired on the price at Ranong boutique hostel and was quoted 500B/night. but!!! It's shared bathroom so I gave it a pass even though the room was not bad.

Continued to loop around the town area and found Suta house bungalow which was hidden away from view. 390B/night for a simple bungalow with air-con and wifi. I grabbed it.

Gonna stay for 2 nights so that I can make a side trip to Burma tomorrow.

Damn lazy to do anything after doing my laundry.

Dinner was very good today. Went to 'Kratib restaurant' and had prawn som tam and pork omelette + 2 Fanta Orange for 114B. What impressed me is that the environment is very welcoming and the staff had extremely good service. Watch Jay Chou's <不能说的密密> dubbed in thai and left the place a happy man. I'll be back.

Tonight chill at a 'Thong-Lor' bar. Nice comfy place with liveband. Beer is cheap 100b for a big heineken. No farangs here. good.

Verdict so far: I like Ranong^^

Expenses:

Hotel - 390B
Petrol - 200B
F&B - 180B
Entertainment - 120B

No comments:

Post a Comment